Welcome to FixinGeek.cOm
By this post, you will know what is an input device, its types & some facts of input device because a computer has several, input-output devices connected to your computer, a laptop which helps the computer to perform several functions.
Input Device –
The computer needs input to perform a particular task. Information or data that is entered into the computer using an input device, Means those devices that help us to give instructions to the computer is called input device.
The input device is the computer unit that sends data and set of instructions to the computer system to perform a task. A computer would simply be a display device without an input device.
Input devices send data to the computer over a cable or wireless transmission. input devices allow you to interact with a computer.
For Example –
There are many types of an input device for example if you want to enter data like numbers & letters then you use a keyboard, for the direction you use a mouse, joystick.
Input devices are –
The Most commonly used input devices are –
- Barcode Reader
- Bio- Matrix ( Finger-scanner)
- Digital Camera.
- OMR – Optical Mark Reader.
- MICR – Magnetic Ink Character Recognition.
- Touch Sensitive Screen
- Smart cards
Some facts of input device –
- The input device allows you to communicate with a computer.
- The common input devices are keyboard & mouse.
- Another way to input information into a computer is to use an optical mark reader (OMR).
- Banks use another input device called a magnetic ink character reader (MICR).
- Bar Code can represent information like the price of the product or its date of expiry etc.
- The digital camera has a circuit that is sensitive to light.
- The mouse is a pointing device it can be gripped in the palm of the hand & moved over on a horizontal surface.
- A scanner can convert an image into dots that the computer can understand.
- A fingerprint scanner is an impression of the friction ridges on all parts of the finger.
- A magnetic reader reads a magnetic strip on a card to the identification of the card’s owner.
- A joystick is a gaming device for playing games on a computer.
- A light pen is a cathode-ray tube display.
For more knowledge about Input device read this –
I thank You For Reading at fixingeek.com
Stay Tuned with FixinGeek And Comment Below if you have any question in your mind we happy to Help you…
take care… Cheers 🙂
We Offer Care & Assistance fOr yOu & yOur devices…